Friday, June 06, 2008

Vacation

My family and I spent the past week in Cape May, NJ, for a family wedding, and Hershey, PA, just for fun! Cape May was a beautiful town, and I could get use to living on the Ocean... We didn't spend near enough time there. But we did get to see and visit a slew of my relatives, which is always fun.
Then we headed to Hershey, PA for a couple of days, with my brother and nephew (3 1/2) and my parents. Hershey Park is one of our all time favorite amusement parks. I went there as a kid and we've continued the tradition every few years. With schools not officially out yet, it was a great time to go. We rode the "big" rides - the major roller coasters - early in the AM and then again in the evening, after the school groups had left. Micah, our 9 year old rode all 11 this year and could hardly be bothered with anything else! Even Hannah, 6, got the coaster bug, and the last half hour we were there she and I rode 2 coasters 4 times.
It was a great start to the summer, and now Hannah and Micah are enjoying Grandparent "camp" in Vermont for the rest of June!

No comments: