Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Practice #7

June 8

P.R.A.C.T.I.C.E. Definition: A custom or habit of doing something.


Coaching leaders to realize and fulfill their shape and potential

Hebrews 10:24
Let us think about each other and help each other to show love and do good deeds.

Quote:
“A good leader takes people where they want to go and ought to be, but a great leader takes people where they don't want to go but ought to be.” unknown

How is your serving experience? Are you excited about the opportunities God will give you each week? Do you anticipate coming in on Sundays (or whatever the day of the week is that you serve)? Are you energized at the end of it?
As a Kid Crossing volunteer we want you to fulfill your shape and potential. When we say shape, we're basically talking about the way God wired you. Your Spiritual gifts, your heart, your abilities, your past experiences, and your experience. We believe that when you put all of those things together in your serving role, you'll be energized and empowered. And you'll be serving just where God wants you!
I once had a volunteer who wasn't sure that they would do very good working with kids. This individual wasn't sure what they could do to make a difference. So we talked and tried out a couple of things. We pushed the boundaries of her comfort zone a little bit. And you know what? This individual became a great Kid Crossing volunteer. She impacted many kids lives. Once we found the serving opportunity that fit her shape there was no stopping her.
My question for you this week, and as we go into this summer is are you using your full shape and potential? Are you excited and energized? If so, you are in a great spot! Keep serving God and changing lives! If not, talk with me or another KC Director. Let us help you find just the right spot to serve. When you are serving God by using your shape and fulfilling your potential, the eternal impact you will make will no no bounds!


Question for this week:
Am I using my shape and potential to change lives at Crossroads?
If I am, who can I lead to join me in changing kids lives? If not, who can I talk to so that I can use my shape and potential to change kids lives?

No comments: