Thursday, May 22, 2008

Running this AM

was a very interesting experience. I pretty much ran from our motel, around the perimeter of downtown Reston, and back. Only about 3 miles total. It's AMAZING to me how many people live within and around that 3 miles. Apartments upon apartments, upon condos, upon townhouses.... and I barely wound around any of the side streets that are filled with housing.
One could live around here and never need to own a car. It's pretty incredible. I think it would be fun to live in a city...at least for a little while.
It's a beautiful morning. I even found a running "super highway"... at the end of my run, so didn't follow it very far. But there were quite a few people going up and down it.
I'm finally looking forward to today. I'm ready to learn how to continue to grow as a leader.

1 comment:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Have been enjoying reading your posts.

Good luck getting ready for Chicago Marathon. It's my all time favorite marathon, and you'll have a great experience.

Seems like you're making great progress, and it will actually get easier as your mileage increases.

Please feel free to join others getting ready for Chicago at Runners' Lounge, www.runnerslounge.com, a friendly web site for runners.

Keep up your good running and posting.