Thursday, February 28, 2008

Volunteer Thought from 2/17

Ephesians 3:20
“Now glory be to God! By His mighty power at work within us, He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope.”

The “buried” verse
I discovered this verse at the end of last summer and used it to kick off our school year in Kid Crossing. Unfortunately in the hustle and bustle of “getting ministry done” as the year has gone by, this incredible verse got pushed to the back of my desk, and was piled upon, literally and figuratively by the other “stuff” on my desk. This week, after some time praying and refocusing, God reminded me of this verse, and I moved “everything” off my desk to find it.

More than I dared to ask or hope for
Thankfully God is bigger than me and my piles and I can see how God is doing more than I could dare to ask or hope for despite me. Here's an example: Shortly after we had our fall kick off, that most of you didn't know about soon enough to plan for, I really had no one else besides myself in the deepest level of Kid Crossing Leadership. I now have Melonie – Group Life Director, Lee - Communications Director, and Alicia – Operations Director. Way more than I dared to ask or even hope for.

Exploring the verse
I'd like to take the next few weeks to continue to explore this verse with you and look at the impact it can have in Kid Crossing and in our own lives. As you think about this verse in the coming weeks, I'd love to hear from you how God is using it in your life.

Questions to ponder this week
What is God doing in your life that is more than you could dare to ask or hope for?

What do you see God doing in your ministry that is more than you could dare to ask or hope for?

How can God use you to accomplish more than you could ask or hope for in the lives of your kids – the ones you interact with and serve each week in Kid Crossing?

Pray
Pray this week about how God can use you to accomplish infinitely more than you dare to ask or hope for.
Dear God,
Thank you for being there for us, even when we get busy with all our “stuff and piles”. Thank you for promising to do more than we could dare to ask or hope for. Help us to see the plans you have for us. Help us to be willing and obedient to be used by you in our lives, our ministry, our jobs, wherever we are, so that through your power we can accomplish infinitely more than we could ever consider without you. Amen.

Policy Reminder of the week:
Know your area's bathroom policy. If you don't know the specifics ask Shari, Melonie or Lee.
NO child should go to the bathroom alone and NO adult should take a child to the bathroom alone. Know where your closest bathrooms are located.
Bathroom breaks during Large Group time should ONLY be permitted if it is an emergency.

Upcoming Events:
Baptism: February 24
Volunteer Expo: February 24
KC Inside Story: March 2 from 1:00 – 3:00
Egg Stuffing: March 16 at 3pm
Egg Hunt: March 21 at 8pm

Crossroads Easter Experiences:
Saturday, March 22, 4pm and 5:30pm
Sunday, March 23, 9:30am and 11am

No comments: