Sunday, November 08, 2009

Baby vs. Violin

So, who do you think can be louder a baby crying or a 10 year old boy screeching, I mean playing, the violin?
First the details: I work with Micah as he practices everyday. Somedays we get in practice while Sarah is sleeping, but most of the time she hangs out with me while Micah plays. A lot of our practicing is done along with a CD. One last minor detail: Sarah cries (that's putting it mildly) a lot.
Let the competition begin: Friday we sit down to practice and Sarah hasn't been happy. After a couple warm up pieces we get ready to work on a new song and Sarah is in a full blown screaming fit. Sarah's screaming; the CD is playing; I'm telling Micah which notes he's suppose to be playing; and finally Micah puts down his violin and in exasperation says "Mommy, I can't hear anything over Sarah!"

Baby wins! The prize is a trip to her crib so we can sort of hear ourselves think. The amazing part is Sarah quieted right down, and laid there contentedly for quite a while.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmmm . . . I'm thinking Sarah likes to hang out in her crib when Micah is practicing.