Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year

This entry is dedicated to Brian and Doug...the two people who will probably read this.

So, I don't really believe in New Year's resolutions, thus blogging certainly won't be one of them for me, but I thought maybe I'd give it a try again. See if I can do more than 2 or 3 before I get sidetracked again :)

The first day of 2008 is about at an end. My family, amazingly including my 6 year old daughter, saw the beginning of 2008 along with our friends from our small group. It was an eventful and very LOUD evening (someone gave us all, including kids, noise makers). It was nice to be together with friends and family.

We had two amazing weekends at Crossroads, with 4 Christmas experiences, which Kid Crossing and Kid Fusion played pretty large parts in, and then Kid Fusion taking over the main auditorium again last weekend! It was incredible to be a part of all the lives God changed this holiday season. And it was amazing to work with a whole bunch of dedicated volunteers who worked many hours to make it all happen.

With all of that going on my usual Christmas vacation time was broken up a bit more than normal. We did take the kids skiing at Alpine Valley last Thurs. They had a great time and will now already have their ski legs under them when we head to VT at the end of this month.
Today we went and saw The Water Horse Micah is now fascinated with the Legend of Loch Ness. It was almost as much fun watching his reactions to the movie as it was watching the movie. He was thoroughly into it, on the edge of his seat 1/2 the time, and hiding behind his napkin when the music got too intense :)

One more day of vacation before we head back to work and school and schedules. I'm getting spoiled with staying up late and getting up late. This is my kind of time frame!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I read your blog!

Lee said...

I tried to beat Pete to the punch but I had to set up an account first to comment. I read your blog too!

Wendy Bender said...

Welcome back to blog world, Shari!! :)