Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Glorious snow!

My family and I just spent the last week skiing in Vermont at SugarBush. We even skied through what Vermonters are now calling the Valentine's Blizzard. My parents got close to 3 feet at their house and some of the mountains were reporting 45 - 58 inches. It was AWESOME, beautiful, and breathtaking. Of course fresh powder is always great for skiing, but there just may be such a thing as too much powder :) And it made the drive home over a mountain pass very interesting...
After the snow storm Micah and Hannah had as much fun playing in the snow as they did skiing, and actually chose to do that over skiing a couple of times. Which was ok with us, because it let Brian and I do some more challenging terrain. The conditions were great and I was finally able to ski on the fabled Castle Rock Peak, which I had never attempted before. I also developed a liking for moguls, probably a bit to Brian's dismay. Still can't ski them very well, but I enjoyed the challenge!
All in all it was a great family get away. I love the snow and would have been happy to stay there until spring.

No comments: