Monday, October 17, 2005

We Flipped!!!!

What an AWESOME God - Day yesterday was! I knew when I woke up before my alarm went off at 5:30AM that it was going to be a great day! All the Kid Crossing age groups flipped to new spaces throughout the CFC and now down into the Lenawee Christian School Cafeteria. Last week at the open house the areas looked really good. This week with kids and volunteers filling the spaces they looked GREAT! Sure, there were little glitches here and there, but over all it was a fabulous success! I can say is Thank you GOD! What a feeling to walk (and jog - there's a "short" distance to reach the K-5 kids in the cafeteria ) through the halls, see the smiling faces of the kids and to see the volunteers interacting with the kids with lots of love...I couldn't stop smiling myself.
On top of the Flip, Crossroads kicked off the "Best Question Ever" series, based on Andy Stanley's book by the same title. Advertising pays off, because we were packed! I haven't seen official numbers yet but I'm told we were around 1400 between both services (we've been averaging close to 1100 since Sept.). At the 11 AM service we had 87 kids and that doesn't count adults and junior high helpers in Kindergarten - 5th grade! Yeah God!
I hope to put up pictures, just as soon as I can figure out how (or get Brian to figure it out for me).
Another huge thanks to everyone who helped make this an incredible day: Kid Crossing Volunteers, Amplify Team, Set-up and Tear Down Team, Ushers and greeters, Alpha Omega, and all the others I don't even know about! Thanks guys! You made a difference in a lot of kids' lives for eternity today!

No comments: