Monday, June 06, 2005

We DID it!

It's official, the Festival of Families was a HUGE success. First and foremost I have to give thanks and credit to God, for the inspiration, the guidance, the people, and the protection (I've never prayed so hard in my life about plastic cups!) Secondly I have to say THANKS to all the staff and volunteers who put an incredible amount of hours and effort into making the Festival the incredible event that it was! Pete Bishop, our tech guy, was amazing, remixing music, writing raps, creating video, etc. We couldn't have done it without him. Then there was the stage crew who began setting up the auditorium Friday night, until midnight, and then were back again at 8 AM Saturday and they worked most of the day. Of course then there were all the people who handled those red plastic cups and glue guns....you guys have my thanks from the bottom of my heart. If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the plastic cup blog entry! My children's ministry volunteers who actually presented the service did a fine job! All the work Amanda Iott, the other Kid Crossing director put into making it a great day, and my friend and great helper Annette Armentrout who kept me from going too insane, and doubled as my personal secretary for a few days. Ben Mitchell, is a great guy, who humbled himself enough to wear a Jester costume, complete with green tights, while parading about on the stage, both in video and real time! Music, skits, kids parts, all happened to praise God and lead families to work towards a deeper spiritual commitment together. I keep thinking of more people I could add, but then I'd be at this all day! Just rest assured I appreciate each and everyone of you from those who helped for hours, to those who helped for 30 minutes! Each piece fit together to create a successful day!
It was a truely AWESOME day! There are pictures on our web site gallery. You won't want to miss them. We received a lot of great comments. One from an older gentleman who said it was the best children's service he'd ever seen. My personal favorite was from one of the little girls in my 3 year - pre-K Wednesday class who ran up to me and said "I liked you on stage!"

No comments: